Bluestem Biosciences, an Omaha, NE-based renewable chemical compounds firm, raised $5M in Pre-Seed funding.
The spherical was led by Zero Infinity Companions with participation from Matt Vining, Make investments Nebraska, Robert Sali, and Bluestem CEO Billy Hagstrom.
The corporate intends to make use of the funds to construct a staff and product discovery pipeline powered by its proprietary digital biology structure.
Co-founded by Hagstrom and Tyler Autera, CTO, Bluestem Biosciences is leveraging digital biology to facilitate the invention of biomanufacturing, targeted on the sustainable manufacturing of decarbonized bio-chemicals. Based in January 2022, the corporate is concentrated on the sustainable bio-production of chemical compounds via anaerobic fermentation with an recognized path towards industrial scale.
Bluestem has introduced its Strategic Advisory Board, together with:
- Jed Dean, PhD – Former Co-Founding father of Zymergen
- Alex Greenbaum – Associate of EQT Group (Infrastructure)
- Kristy Hawkins, PhD – Co-Founder & CSO, Antheia
- John Kwaak – Founder & Managing Associate, Zero Infinity Companions
- Ton Van Maris, PhD – Professor at KTH Royal Institute of Expertise
- Matt Vining – CEO, Navigator CO2 Ventures