Opna Bio, an Epalinges, Switzerland and San Francisco, CA-based clinical-stage biopharmaceutical firm, raised $38M in Collection A funding.
The spherical was led by Longitude Capital and Northpond Ventures, with participation from Menlo Ventures.
The corporate intends to make use of the funds to develop novel fragile-X psychological retardation protein (FMRP) inhibitors in oncology in addition to a various portfolio of scientific and preclinical oncology packages acquired from Plexxikon Inc.
Co-founded by Gideon Bollag, PhD, who was appointed chief govt officer; Douglas Hanahan, PhD, distinguished scholar within the Lausanne Department of the Ludwig Institute for Most cancers Analysis and emeritus professor on the Swiss Federal Institute of Know-how Lausanne (EPFL); and Joseph Schlessinger, PhD, professor of pharmacology at Yale College College of Drugs, Opna Bio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical firm targeted on the invention and growth of oncology therapeutics. Its broad portfolio targets a number of drivers of most cancers, together with an oncology discovery program targeted on the fragile-X psychological retardation protein (FMRP) and a diversified pipeline of validated oncology property acquired from Plexxikon. Along with its discovery-stage FMRP program, Its scientific compound, OPN-2853, a bromo and further terminal (BET) area inhibitor, is at the moment in a Part 1/2 trial with ruxolitinib (Jakafi®) in myelofibrosis, a continual bone marrow dysfunction. The corporate additionally expects to provoke a Part 2 examine with OPN-7486, a colony stimulating issue 1 (CSF1) receptor inhibitor, in 2023.
As a part of Opna’s formation, the corporate acquired a portfolio of small molecule oncology therapeutics from Plexxikon Inc.
The clinical-stage property embody:
- OPN-2853 (previously PLX2853), a possible best-in-class bromo and further terminal (BET) area inhibitor at the moment in a Part 1/2 scientific trial together with ruxolitinib (Jakafi®) for myelofibrosis, a uncommon myeloid most cancers
- OPN-7486 (previously PLX7486), a colony-stimulating issue 1 (CSF1) receptor inhibitor anticipated to start a Part 2 examine in 2023
Pre-clinical packages embody:
- E1A binding protein (EP300) inhibitor
- Cluster of differentiation 73 (CD73) inhibitor
- Transcriptional enhanced related area (TEAD) inhibitor
The Opna Board of Administrators consists of:
- Joseph Schlessinger, PhD, chairman of the board, professor of pharmacology at Yale College, present and former strategic affiliations with Sugen, Plexxikon, Kolltan and Inozyme
- Gideon Bollag, PhD, chief govt officer, former CEO of Plexxikon and founding member of Onyx Prescribed drugs
- Patrick Enright, managing director, Longitude Capital
- Shaan C. Gandhi, MD, DPhil, director, Northpond Ventures
- Douglas Hanahan, PhD, distinguished scholar, Ludwig Institute for Most cancers Analysis, and emeritus professor, Swiss Federal Institute of Know-how Lausanne
- Brian Pusch, JD, chairman and CEO, Microbes, co-founder of Inozyme Pharma
The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) consists of:
- Douglas Hanahan, PhD, chairman of the SAB, distinguished scholar, Ludwig Institute for Most cancers Analysis, and emeritus professor, Swiss Federal Institute of Know-how Lausanne (EPFL)
- Benjamin Cravatt, PhD, professor, Scripps Analysis Institute; co-founder of Activx Biosciences, Abide Therapeutics and Vividion Therapeutics
- Robert Darnell, MD, PhD, professor and senior doctor at Rockefeller College
- Frank McCormick, PhD, professor and chair of tumor biology and most cancers analysis, UCSF Most cancers Middle; present and former strategic affiliations with Chiron, Onyx, BridgeBio, Olema, Avidity
- Joseph Schlessinger, PhD, professor of pharmacology at Yale College, present and former strategic affiliations with Sugen, Plexxikon, Kolltan and Inozyme
- Berta Strulovici, PhD, former director of The Israel Nationwide Middle for Customized Drugs at Weizmann Institute of Science, iPierian, Merck & Co