Vibrant Planet, a San Francisco, CA-based creator of the OS for forest restoration, raised $17M in seed funding.
The spherical was led by Ecosystem Integrity Fund, The Jeremy and Hannelore Grantham Environmental Belief, with participation from Valia Ventures, Earthshot Ventures (a enterprise fund backed by Emerson Collective, John Doerr, Tom Steyer, Microsoft and others), Elemental Excelerator, Cisco Basis, Day One Ventures and Halogen Ventures. Angel traders embrace Meta’s Chief Product Officer Chris Cox and Netflix’s former Chief Product Officer and present Vibrant Planet CPO, Neil Hunt.
The corporate intends to make use of the brand new funding to develop its group with strategic new hires and broaden its platform to revive forest resilience throughout the Western U.S., Europe, and different at-risk forests worldwide.
Led by CEO Allison Wolff and Chief Scientist Dr. Hugh Safford, Vibrant Planet is an working system that gives organizations, state and federal companies, and land managers with a complete platform for forest therapy planning, determination assist, monitoring and reporting, and funding prioritization. This know-how permits a number of stakeholders to collaboratively plan forest well being remedies in months fairly than years whereas staying inside a goal finances and qualifying initiatives for carbon financing from firms with web zero targets.
Land homeowners and pure useful resource managers, organizations, and administrations can:
- Create forest therapy situations in real-time, utilizing AI-generated tree-and-house-level knowledge
- Prioritize the place and the way funding ought to be used to reduce danger and maximize carbon, water, and biodiversity advantages
- Develop complete therapy plans in collaboration with stakeholders
- Monitor/report on panorama circumstances and restoration progress
- Adapt methods and ways based mostly on monitoring insights
- Develop verified fire-adapted forest carbon initiatives that assist firms obtain web zero targets