NYPD charges Lamborghini driver Alejandro Rentas after fatal NYC crash that claimed passenger’s life

A Lamborghini driver has been charged with manslaughter after his luxury car crashed in a wild chase with police through Upper Manhattan last month, resulting in the death of his passenger, according to authorities.

Alejandro Rentas, a 22-year-old individual, was taken into custody on Wednesday due to his involvement in the tragic incident that occurred on December 4 at the intersection of 213th Street and 10th Avenue in Inwood. The collision claimed the life of Tiana Rodriguez, a 21-year-old woman, according to authorities.

Rentas, whose exact relationship to Rodriguez remained unclear on Thursday, was behind the wheel of the sporty luxury SUV when he proceeded to run a red light shortly after 10 p.m., as reported by police sources.

Rentas was pulled over by NYPD officers, who activated their lights in an attempt to stop him. However, he chose to evade the police and fled the scene.

According to police, the motorist who was speeding, swiftly raced north on 10th Avenue while being pursued by the police.


According to the police, he collided with a silver Hyundai Elantra that was trying to turn left onto West 213th Street.

According to the police, the Lamborghini, which was out of control, swerved to the left and collided with the pillar of an above-ground subway track.

The police stated that they were able to rescue Rentas from the SUV before it burst into flames. Unfortunately, Rodriguez was still inside the vehicle at the time.

EMS declared the young woman dead, according to the NYPD.

Rentas was rushed to Harlem Hospital, where doctors immediately classified his condition as critical.

According to authorities, the individual from the Bronx, who has no previous criminal record, is facing charges of assault and reckless endangerment.

The defendant faced an indictment and was subsequently arraigned. The judge set bail at $150,000 in cash, with the alternative options of a $350,000 insurance company bond or a $500,000 partially secured surety bond. Prosecutors provided this information.

His next court appearance is scheduled for April 8.

The 37-year-old man who was driving the Hyundai was also transported to Harlem Hospital, where he is currently in stable condition.

Articles: 3338

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *